Artisan Marketing Communications offers clients PR and marketing communications advice, practical support and implementation.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Manchester online treasure

Every now again you come across a site or you might have heard of one without ever really exploring it

When you take a closer look you find something quite unique.

I was fortunate in the last week or so to talk to Aidan O'Rourke and Brian (sorry do not have your surname; not an impressive start) from Salford Online.

I have bumped into Aidan before but not really explored his site. When he showed me his website recently you cannot be anything but impressed: founded 10 years ago; over 4 years in the present format; and if my memory serves me well I believe there are 5,000 pages. Many of the photos (primarily) and copy have a Manchester theme but there are pages devoted to locations ranging from Dubai to Berlin, which, in the case of the latter, I looked at length. A really useful resource as a photo library for travel PRs - the images are impressive - or just to enjoy the images.

Salford Online is a newer venture but one that promises a lot. Lots of interesting copy and for PRs with Salford based clients or with news of interest to that area one that presents an opportunity.

My only criticism, and an easy one I hope to fix, is that when a section loads up it appears as though it is blank until you scroll down and see the wealth of stories.

I know they are very open to ideas and refining the site so this one is one to watch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon Wharton said...

e spoken to Brian previously and made him aware of the problem The Salford Online site doesn't like Firefox so it's a coding issue. Very fixable

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Rob Baker said...

Simon,

they are in good hands

Rob

11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home